Kiwi pole vault star Eliza McCartney will miss the World Athletics Championships starting in Doha this month after ending her season early because of injury.

The 22-year-old Rio Olympics bronze medallist had already delayed the start of her international season because of a troublesome hamstring injury.

The decision to delay her season was “precautionary” only, her manager Scott Newman told Stuff in May, but McCartney revealed on Tuesday she had opted to withdraw from the World Championships starting in Qatar on September 27.

“After a lot of thought and with the support from the team around me, I’ve decided to end my season early and withdraw from World Champs,” she said on Facebook.

Read More

VN:R_U [1.9.22_1171]
Rating: 0.0/10 (0 votes cast)
VN:R_U [1.9.22_1171]
Rating: 0 (from 0 votes)
avatar

About The Author Vaulter Magazine

comments (0)

avatar

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

%d bloggers like this:
Skip to toolbar